MEIMELALI.COM: Bali Restaurant Burns Down After Fire Dance Performance On Grand Opening.
D’Vesta Restaurant and Bar located on Jalan Raya Seminyak, Badung has burned down due to the fire dance performance at their grand opening celebration. The festive event that began with cheers quickly turned into a disaster when the fire from the hula hoop spread to the stage and burnt the entire first floor.
The Head of Badung Fire Fighter, I Wayan Wirya noted that the incident occurred on Wednesday evening (17/3) during the hula hoop fire dance performance.
“After collecting some information from the location, we can say that the incident occurred when the hola hoop fire dance was performed, and unfortunately it sparked some fire to the surroundings as well,” said Wirya on Thursday morning (18/3).
The first floor of the two-story building was completely destroyed from the incident. “The owner estimated billions of rupiah in loss from the incident. But fortunately, the firefighters arrived before the fire destroyed the second floor of that building” Wirya added. It took firefighters two hours to finally extinguish the large fire by deploying 8 fire trucks from 5 different stations.
Meanwhile the Head of Denpasar Public Relation Police Officer, Iptu I Ketut Sukadi has not yet confirmed the incident that just happened last night. “We’re still checking the report regarding that incident, and I was just informed that the officers are still observing the scene for investigation,” said Iptu Sukadi on Thursday morning (18/3).