MEIMELALI.COM: French National Seriously Injured From A Blast At His House In Bali.
A 34-year-old man named Hugo Gaetan Quentin Houthoofd from France has been rushed to the hospital after getting seriously injured from a blast that occurred inside his house.
The Head of South Kuta Police Department, Kompol Yusak Agustinus Sooai confirmed that the incident occured at a house that is located on Perum Puri Gading Blok Palem B30, Jimbaran on Tuesday morning (1/6). “The incident occurred on Tuesday morning around 6:30am, causing serious injury to a French national and damaging parts of his house.” Kompol Yusak said on Tuesday (1/6).
The incident started when Hugo attempted to boil water to make tea after waking up this morning, but unfortunately he was unaware that there was a gas leak in the kitchen. An explosion occurred when he ignited his stove, causing damage to the house that he has been renting for over 1.5 years as well as serious injuries all over his body. Hugo’s wife, Elouise Fiona Michelle (aged 30) from Stafford, England was shocked as she heard the blast from the bedroom on the second floor.
Shortly after, one of Hugo’s neighbors, Nick Timotius (aged 38) rushed Hugo to Siloam Hospital with his car before he was referred to Sanglah Public Hospital to get the medical attention that he needed. Meanwhile the Head of the Badung Fire Fighter, I Wayan Wirya confirmed that the incident was caused by a leaking gas can in Hugo’s kitchen. “According to our investigation, the gas can had been leaking since the night before. And it exploded once he turned on the stove this morning.” Wirya concluded. Wirya reminds people to prevent similar incidents from occurring by opening their doors and windows before using their stove, especially if there is gas or other combustible material stored inside the house.