MEIMELALI.COM: 19 Bali Inmates Poisoned After Consuming Toxic Disinfectant Liquid.
A woman who has been serving prison time at the Kerobokan Prison has died after consuming disinfectant liquid on Friday morning (11/6).
The Head of the Female Warden of Kerobokan Prison Class IIA, Lili confirmed that dozens of the inmates in the Kerobokan female prison were rushed to the Sanglah Public Hospital after consuming toxic liquid. “19 of our inmates were rushed to Sanglah Hospital this morning, and 1 of them has died after consuming disinfectant liquids inside the prison cell.” Lili said on Friday morning.
The incident occurred after several inmates attempted to consume disinfectant liquid that was mixed with a fruit packaged drink. “At first, they told the doctor inside the prison that they had stomach problems, but then we decided to transport them around 10:00am to the hospital as they finally admitted that they had consumed toxic liquids which made their conditions get worse.” Lili added.
Shortly after, the doctor of the Sanglah Hospital confirmed that one of the inmates had died in the emergency room. Meanwhile, the Head of Emergency Room at the Sanglah Hospital, I Made Mulyawan confirmed that he has been receiving patients from Kerobokan Prison this morning. “We have received a total of 19 patients from the Kerobokan prison today, and we’ve lost one of them. So we’ve been trying our best to help the rest recover from consuming the toxic liquids.” Mulyawan concluded.
Read Today’s Breaking News Headlines In Bali
For the latest Bali News & Debate Join our Facebook Community
SUBSCRIBE TO NEW POSTS
Enter your email address to subscribe to The Bali Sun’s latest breaking news, straight to your inbox.